We are fortunate enough to be able to employ the services of a HSLW within our school. Sian Lewis is available on Tuesdays between 2:15 and 2:45pm and all day Thursdays and Fridays.
Our HSLW is able to provide support in school to our children in a number of ways and for a variety of reasons. She will also provide support for parents, carers and families, is able to help with improving attendance and punctuality and also help with promoting positive behaviour.
During term time, the HSLW will work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families, aiming to reduce current issues and prevent future difficulties with the aim to ensure that all children enjoy school and are happy and secure.
- One to one support and advice
- Therapeutic sessions with children and families
- Signposting to other agencies
- Support groups for parents/carers
- Parenting workshops (family links)
- Children who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child's behaviour
- Parents/carers whose children are not attending school or who have been excluded
- Parents/carers and children who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life eg illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement
In the first instance you will be asked to fill in a HSLW contact form (available from the school office). Once completed, this should be handed into the school office in an envelope marked 'Private' and for the attention of Sian Lewis, HSLW. Alternatively you can contact her via the school on 01483 532726.
Our HSLW will fill in a referral form with you. Before starting to work with your children, your consent must be obtained. The HSLW will offer you a confidential service regarding personal issues. If necessary she will seek your permission to share the information with staff at the school or with other agencies.
Should a child protection issue be identified, the HSLW is legally bound to follow Government guidelines.
Links to organisations that offer support can be found under 'Parents' and then click on 'Useful Links'.