· Please listen to your child read their school book every day. Reading is the single most important thing you can do to support your child's learning.
· Please spend a few minutes talking about the book, what happened in the book, what they think about it and why?
· Check if there are any words they do not understand or ask them to find a word in the book that means the same as...
· Visit Phonics Play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk, which is a great site to learn sounds. You can access many games for free.
· Use the phonic sheets below to practise writing each sound. Have a go at writing the sounds using the given phrases, ensuring your child forms them correctly.
·Practise writing the sounds we have learned in sand, salt etc. Copy them as many times as you can before the 30 second timer runs out!
·Develop your writing muscles by building with small construction, playing with playdough, pegging up washing and cutting with scissors.
Have a go at writing some simple words using the sounds we have taught (remember to use your Fred talk) e.g:
Maths (30 minutes)
·Learn all about the Numberblocks and numbers 1-5 here:
· Log onto https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/ and go to the current week. You may wish to watch previous weeks to recap prior learning before moving on. Children can follow the learning on the video and write their answers on a piece of paper or whiteboard. There is time built into the video for responding to questions but you can pause if longer time is needed.