Approximate daily learning time – 2 hours every day
Reading (15 minutes).
· Please listen to your child read on Bug Club every day.
· Listen out for them reading confidently, without having to sound each word out individually.
· Can they read with expression, pausing appropriately at the punctuation? Model this by taking turns to read a page.
· Please spend a few minutes talking about the book, what happened in the book, what they think about it and why?
· Check if there are any words they do not understand or ask them to find a word in the book that means the same as...
· Answer the bug club comprehension questions hiding within the books.
Phonics and Spelling (10 -15 minutes)
· Visit Phonics Play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk , which is a great site to continue reading words and applying sounds. You can access many games for free. Focus on phase 2 and 3.
· Use the phonic sheets at the bottom of this page to practise each sound. Have a go at writing the sounds, ensuring your child forms them correctly.
· Use the key word lists below to learn how to read and spell the high frequency words. Cut them out and pin them up around the house. Go on a 'key word hunt' to find and read them all.
· Log onto Purple Mash and recap some of the phonics teaching videos that we posted during lockdown. There are some games that can be repeated to help with consolidation.
Writing (15 - 20 minutes)
· Use the target pencil attached below to recap the following skills when writing:
· Lessons on Oak Academy via the links below. These lesson have been chosen as they link most closely with the work your child would be doing in school: https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/the-king-and-the-moon-a75a (10 lessons)
Maths (30 minutes)
· Log onto https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/ and go to the current week. You may wish to watch previous weeks to recap prior learning before moving on. Children can follow the learning on the video and write their answers on a piece of paper or whiteboard. There is time built into the video for responding to questions but you can pause if longer time is needed.
· Watch Numberblocks Season 2 videos to learn about numbers to 10 in more depth: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b08bzfnh/numberblocks?seriesId=b0bl5v3r
Topic Learning (30 minutes) Choose one per day:
You will have your own unique login details in order to access the Charanga Yumu site. Once you have logged in you will be able to access the package called “Everyone”. Just click on the launch button and work through the activities on the right hand side. Please work through the package over the course of this half term by listening to the songs, talking about them and listening out for the different instruments. Work at you own pace and most importantly, enjoy it!
· Stay active with https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
· Change for life activities https://www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups
· Lessons to help your child understand the coronavirus at an age appropriate level: https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/a-new-normal-bc5f (6 lessons)
· Can you set up a 'scene' from a story you area reading e.g. for Zog you would need: dragons, a school, a princess, a knight, trees. Use what you have made to retell the story.
· Go outside and build a den. How can you make it strong and so it keeps you dry inside?
· Can you make a mask and pretend to be a character from a story you are reading? Ask your grown up to 'hot seat' you and ask questions about your adventures.
· Can you make a musical instrument using items in your house?
· Can you make a magical wand?
· Learn how to paint like Jackson Pollock. Mix some mud and water (or you could just use paint) and create some fun splatter paintings outside.